00 - 01
How to Apply
How to make an initial Admissions enquiry
- Please check the admissions availability by year group. If the waiting pool is open, applications are being accepted and places may be offered, however this will be dependent on vacancies becoming available and this can not be guaranteed.
- Review our tuition fees
- If you've not been to our school before, you can join a scheduled a tour, or experience a virtual tour of DBSEH.
- Students already enrolled in another Dubai British School campus, must discuss the transfer request with the Head of School or Principal prior to applying.
- Complete the initial enquiry if the year group is open for applications
- Once your enquiry is received, our Admissions team will review it based on place availability and year group age appropriateness.
Please have the following documents ready to upload to the online enquiry form:
- A copy of your child’s two most recent school reports
- A copy of your child’s passport and Emirates ID
- A copy of each parent/guardian’s passport and Emirates ID
- A copy of your child's birth certificate
- A photo of your child
Please pay the AED 525 (non-refundable) Application Fee, including 5% VAT in person at our Accounts office or via the credit card authorisation form which can be returned by email. Payment by bank transfer is also available.
Account Name: Dubai British School
Bank name & account number: EMIRATES ISLAMIC BANK / 350-7623323-509
Branch / Address: Main Branch/ Deira, Dubai
IBAN No.: AE870340003507623323509
Swift Code: MEBLAEAD
Notes For Families Coming From Overseas and other Emirates
- For families coming from overseas, Dubai residency visas, Emirates ID's are not required at the time of application but must be submitted to DBS by the KHDA registration deadline (generally 30th September). If these are in process, please provide a copy of the relevant application form in the meantime.
- For children coming from overseas and other Emirates, a transfer certificate provided by the student is required by the time of joining DBS, but not at the time of application. Further information on Transfer Certificates can be found here.
Transferring from Other Schools
As a required by the UAE's Ministry of Education and for us to be able to register your child legally with the KHDA, it is mandatory that we receive a Transfer Certificate (TC) from the school your child will transfer from. Registration at any school in Dubai without a TC is not possible.
For children coming from other schools within Dubai, the transfer certificate will be released directly to DBSEH from the previous school if the parent has fulfilled all obligations to the previous school, which may include financial obligations and/or completing a written leaving notice form.
All children entering Year 2 and upwards who are coming from overseas or another Emirate must provide an original Transfer Certificate regardless of the country or curriculum of origin.
Please find our instructions transfer certificates by country and a sample in the KHDA Registration Process section.
- All children are assessed prior to entry. For overseas applicants, assessments may be completed from abroad. The Registrar will contact you regarding your child’s current school facilitating an assessment and a reference. You will be notified of an admission decision shortly following the assessment. Depending on availability, this may be the offer of a place on the waiting list (subjected to the result of the assessment).
- For Secondary applicants (Years 7 to 12), DBSEH will contact your child’s current school for a reference.
- If an offer of a place is made, parents have 5 working days to return acceptance paperwork and pay a non-refundable deposit which will be deducted from the joining term’s fees.
- If Waitlisted, your child is in the year group waiting pool and you will be notified once a place becomes available. Regretfully, we are unable to guarantee placement for all children in the waiting pool.
- Please note that acceptance of an application does not guarantee current availability or placement.
If you have any other questions please email us on: [email protected]